Mitchell Lathrop’s domestic and international arbitration practice has successfully handled over 100 cases in a dozen different countries. With unparalleled expertise and experience in the area of insurance and reinsurance, Mr. Lathrop has been involved in many high-profile cases. He is Martindale-Hubbell “A” rated, is listed in The Best Lawyers in America (2006-present), is listed in Super Lawyers for both New York and San Diego and has received Best Lawyers’ 2012 San Diego Insurance Law Lawyer of the Year.
Mr. Lathrop analyzes proposed draft arbitration clauses an advises on pending or potential business decisions that pose arbitration and litigation risks. He develops strategies to resolve complex disputes such as those involving multiple parties, multiple claims and multiple jurisdictions.
Mr. Lathrop has handled arbitrations administered by all of the major arbitral institutions as well as ad hoc arbitrations, including proceedings before:
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- American Arbitration Association
- International Centre for Dispute Resolution
- International Institute for Conflict Prevention and Resolution
- London Court of International Arbitration
- International Chamber of Commerce
- Association for International Arbitration
- Association Internationale de Droit des Assurances Reinsurance and Insurance Arbitration Society, U.S. (“ARIAS•US”)
- Swiss Arbitration Association
Mr. Lathrop is also qualified for arbitration panels in the following countries: Austria, Australia, Dubai, Japan and Malaysia.