- Preparatory education at The Thacher School, Ojai, California.
- B.Sc. in Engineering, United States Naval Academy, Annapolis, Maryland.
- J.D., University of Southern California Law School.
- Securities Law, University of Southern California Law School.
- Environmental Engineering, Industrial Waste Conference, Purdue University, 1988, 1989.
- Insurance & Reinsurance Arbitration, ARIAS-US, annual courses since 1997.
- International Commercial Arbitration, Paris, 2005.
- Diplomate in International Arbitration Law, College of Law of England and Wales.
- Certificate in Advanced Mediation, Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution, Pepperdine University School of Law.
- Advanced mediation training, International Institute for Conflict Prevention and Resolution (“CPR”).